Sunday, December 11, 2016

Week 10 EOC: My Plans

My plans for the future would be to own my own food truck. I still do not know what type of food I want to have available, but one idea I have is having Hawaiian Mexican Fusion cuisine. But before I get to that part in my life, I would need to graduate from college first. I will be getting my Associates Degree in Culinary Arts from the International Culinary School-The Art Institute of Las Vegas. I plan to already be working in a restaurant environment, Casual or Fine-Dining. I want to work at the same place for about five to seven years or until I feel I have learned as much as I could from Mentors and Peers. Through customer service management and the kitchen (front and backhouse.) Once my time is over with one restaurant Id move on to the next to see what things I learn there, and see in what ways I can challenge myself in the kitchen by enjoying different cultures. There are different techniques and styles of cooking that can be used and being able learn them and practice them to see what works best for me is part of the fun in cooking. I plan on doing some traveling to discover different flavors and cooking techniques. I would visit Austin, Texas for their Mexican cuisines and late night food trucks; and Chicago, Illinois for their famous deep dish pizzas. Traveling will give me ideas as to what flavors I want to have for my menu and the type of food I want served. I would venture outside the country as well to places such as: Italy, Mexico, and Greece. My future plans consist of me gaining knowledge from mentors, peers, and experience.                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment